5 Things I'm Buying For Spring
Cold snap be damned, I'm ready for spring. Spring temps AND spring tops. I'm currently in the midst of a fairly serious pink phase, hunting down everything from pink shoes to pink trousers and handbags. And although at this point we know that florals for spring aren't groundbreaking, they still make me smile and brighten my mood!
(Valentine, if you're listening, I'm giving you permission to give me flowers and something pink this year. I only ask that you skip Hallmark and 1-800-Flowers to shop this post instead. XOXO!))
I want to stock my spring wardrobe - from apparel to accessories - in fun, feminine colors, prints, and silhouettes. How adorbs is this statement sleeve trend that's still going strong? It's still chic to bare your shoulders, but literally adding some flare to your cuff or shoulder seam puts you right in the middle of this major fashion moment.
When you think about it, everything that is so trendy right now is so majorly girly and romantic! Androgyny is out (or least taking a step back) and full-blown femininity is in! Let's embrace it ladies!
Here are some more favorites for all five of my must-haves for spring 2017! Scroll through using the arrows to see all my picks in each category! You can click the images or the purple text to shop whatever strikes your fancy! :D
| FLORALS |
1) Vacation vibes from this pretty off-the-shoulder top.
2) How amazing are the colors in this under-$100 dress?
3) Wear this blue floral maxi skirt with sweaters now, tees later.
4) A leather jacket over this magenta maxi dress takes it from desk to date night.
5) Happy little sequin dress.
6) More off-the-shoulder 'ness...love this with white jeans.
7) A lovely pleated maxi dress with serious Easter potential.
8) A cute tee to throw on and go for under $40.
9) Break out of a denim rut with these bright floral trousers.
10) This year's floral Free People tunic -- a fantastic maternity top, too!
| BRIGHT BAUBLES |
1) This red collar necklace with a white dress.
2) Love pink and red together even after Valentine's Day.
3) Pom pom details are still going strong!
4) These pineapple drop earrings are too darling for words!
5) A chunky pink necklace to perk up a chambray blouse.
6) Need these globe drop earrings in every color, including cobalt.
7) The deco gemstone earrings that look just like the pricey versions.
| PINKS |
1) My official Valentine's dress for 2017.
2) Pink and shimmery. 'Nuff said.
3) Wear this velvet miniskirt into spring with casual sneakers and a sweater.
4) Silky tassel earrings to dress up basic tops.
5) Love this suede jacket for chic weekend wear.
6) Rose-tinted sunglasses make every photo a keeper.
7) I wear my pink coat all the time -- love this affordable option!
8) Team turtleneck! With jeans and loafers.
9) April showers bring pink rain boots to the party.
10) The Adidas sneaker in pale pink suede. Swoon!
11) This flouncy skirt dress says bridal luncheon to me!
| STARS |
1) So-cal dreamy maxi dress.
2) Pajama-style blouses are comfy and chic.
3) Love the confetti stars and hearts print on this dress.
4) The layering cami for spring!
5) Scarves make easy, affordable options for adding a pop of print to a look.
6) The shiny metallic stars on this tank are so pretty!
7) Mini bags are so in right now, and this colorful cross body is under $50!
8) A pop-art print dress for the daring.
| STATEMENT SLEEVES |
1) J. Crew's spring version of their plaid ruffle top.
2) The ruffled shoulders snazz up this basic crewneck sweater.
3) A ruffled tee for those jeans-and-flats days.
4) I'm always drawn to rust colored pieces, like this bell sleeve swing dress marked under $30.
5) Insta-worthy slouchy bell sleeve sweater on sale 50% off.
6) This off-the-shoulder top with the tie-waist detail is under $50!