CARDIGAN // CAMISOLE // BELT // JEANS // HAIR EXTENSIONS
Ready for our big news?! We have a new member of our family to introduce. We're so "hoppy" to announce the arrival of our new kegerator! Dropping mom jokes and bad puns over here like it ain't no thang :)
Mike and I love to get traditional gifts for each other on our anniversary. The traditional gift for your sixth wedding anniversary is iron...and here we are! We've alllways wanted a kegerator and now that we're true Asheville beer snobs (you can't help it, it just happens when you live here) we figured there's no time like the present. Plus we both love and watch a lot of football and basketball so we're basically game-ready for the next eight months.
This weekend we're doing all the boring but necessary house and yard work because A) it's overdue and B) next weekend is Labor Day and we'll have guests in town. Mike has his fantasy football draft and I'm having the girls over for some wine. Both of us living our best lives.
Here are some articles, recipes, reads, pieces, and products I came across that are worth a share and a click!
- Local non-profit My Sistah Taught Me That is having their annual fundraiser fashion show this Sunday, August 26th. The girls that make up the MSTMT family will be modeling clothing from Nest Boutique and Her Closet, and tickets are only $12!
- Lady Luck Flower Farm Is having another community U-pick day this Saturday so grab a bucket and your camera and enjoy one of the most beautiful places on Earth! Here are some photos from our flower-picking trips last fall and this summer.
- Hotel Concierge Pros dish on how you can get hooked up with the good stuff
- Food for your brain and next dinner party: Avocado-and-Pea Salmon Tartines
- Comfort food made healthy(ish): Turkey and Swiss Sloppy Joes
- A jacuzzi-style inflatable pool bc it's gonna be hot even after Labor Day
- For your DIY Bloody Mary bar: How to pickle veggies without canning them
- That dream of a career with Cirque du Soleil just got a little more real with classes at Empyrean Arts aerial arts studio - I'm taking one next month and am nervous/excited!
- An essay on handling willful children and the negative effects of helicopter parenting
- Is it time to ditch the diapers? See this list of potty training essentials
- On the moment of 'reckoning' moms face when we lose our shit...figuratively and sometimes literally
- Harlow's back-to-school glittery combat boots
- An actual Harry Pottery talking Sorting Hat is now available for purchase! As long as I don't get Slytherin I'll be happy ;)
- Did you know acid is part of the holy trinity of skin care? These Facial Radiance Pads make it super simple and they're fairly affordable, too.
- In the market for a new concealer and hear fabulous things about both the Tarte Shape Tape concealer and the Becca Ultimate Coverage concealer
- The perfect t-shirt midi dress you can wear into fall and is currently a rare 15% off
- Vans remind me of seventh grade when I was trying to make it as a cool grunge skater girl. That didn't really work out so much but I love their blush and camel sneakers!
- I live in slouchy turtleneck sweaters in the fall -- love this one in all the colors!
- That trendy net bag that's all over Instagram? Here's one for under $9
- Charge and clean your phone at the same time with this phone sanitizer and dual charger
Have a beautiful, blessed weekend everyone!